Security Officer G License Annual 4 Hrs. Requalification
By removing the issue date, the division intends to clarify that the 4 hour annual retraining requirement for
each year of the license must be completed and reported to the division prior to the month and day which
appears as the expiration date. During the first year of licensure, licensees must complete and report their
annual 4 hour retraining by the same month and day upon which their license will expire the following year.
During the second year of licensure, licensees must complete and report their annual 4 hour retraining prior
to the actual expiration date of the license.
Class “K” Licensed Instructors should ensure that they stress the importance of both the requirements and
applicable dates during all initial and annual Class “G” training courses.
The example below can be used to determine your required submission dates:
If your DATE OF LICENSE EXPIRATION is ………………………………….. June 11, 2017
• You MUST complete and report your YEAR ONE retraining by June 11, 2016
• You MUST complete and report your YEAR TWO retraining after June 11, 2016 but
before June 11, 2017
Please note the following important points:
• If you fail to complete and report YEAR ONE training during the first year of the valid term of your license,
your license will be automatically suspended and will remain in suspended status until you provide the
division with an original CFP reflecting completion of YEAR ONE training during that first year.
• If you fail to complete and report YEAR TWO training during the second year of the valid term of your license,
you will not be able to renew your license until you have provided the division with a CFP reflecting
completion of YEAR TWO training. Keep in mind your renewal application must be received by the Division
of Licensing on or before the expiration date of your license to avoid a late fee.
• If you failed to complete the four hours of annual re-qualifying training prior to the YEAR ONE anniversary
date OR the YEAR TWO anniversary date (also the expiration date of your license), you will need to complete
the entire 28 hours of initial training in order for your suspended license to be reinstated or your expiring
license to be renewed.